Hi!! I am back! Please forgive my absense…they say that life happens when you are busy making other plans…YES, THAT IS TRUE. I have found myself getting behind on this blog, and I don’t like it, so here goes….
DO THE OLYMPIANS ACTUALLY EAT MCDONALDS: It struck me as strange that McDonalds and Cole were the major sponsors of the Olympics…food and drink in which most Olympians (where are the dart players?) probably never eat. But, in the Olympic Village where the contestants were staying, free McDonalds was offered! And yes there were tons of lines…here is the evidence. So strange!
THAT 10% CAN EASILY BECOME MORE: My “guru” (inside joke…my friend Tyson thinks I am in a diet cult) Dr Joel Fuhrman has been a huge influence on my diet. In his book Eat to Live he talks about eating fruits and veggies for 90% of all your food intake, leaving the 10% for special occasions, cheat days, etc. But that 10% can easily become more, as it happens for most people, so it is best to avoid. I feel like lately I am only eating 75% veggies, I need to be more disciplined. Anyways, this article will help inspire you to stay on track.
USDA ARE JACKASSES: Although they are trying, having recently re-imagined the food triangle, into a food dinner plate, the USDA are pretty clueless about what kinds of foods that Americans should be eating. It is so obvious by their recommendations that money is coming in from the meat and dairy industry. They do not recommend even ONE DAY Without meat as it could be detrimental to your protein intake. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
WASTE SOME TIME ON THE INTERNET:
How does meditation help you with exercise?…Great article about taking your workouts to the next level.
Will food prices go up because of the drought in the midwest?…looks like it.
Preserving vision through diet…eat your greens.